Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oho! You thought there would be some real content!

Just another fundraising check in - thanks to a couple of generous donors, I land in the top 3.




Top Ten Fundraisers

Tour de BBQ 2011

  1. Carrie Helfers - $550.00
  2. Craig Henwood - $355.00
  3. Justin Husman - $190.00
  4. Benjamin Andrews - $100.00
  5. Michael Alexander - $100.00
  6. Luke Babb - $50.00
  7. Niki Fehling - $50.00
  8. Chad Helmer - $25.00
  9. Titus Fehling - $10.00

This is as of this posting - proof  here.

Thank you to my two largest donors, I appreciate the help. As most of you from the area know, the weather has finally broken, and as such I can see myself riding again soon. My weight is ballooning, because those maple donuts aren't going to eat themselves.

I feel like I haven't ridden in forever - even though it's only been a few weeks. The last time I tried to get in a good ride on my Univega, I had a flat not too many miles in (due to tube blowout) and then my spare tube was rotten, so I blew through all of my co2 on a bad tube and ended up sitting on the side of the road waiting for some good Samaritan to stop by and help. I had one woman stop and tell me that she "only had 3 co2 cartridges" and couldn't spare any.  Thanks for stopping then, lady.  

I finally had someone stop and have what I needed, I fixed my tire, and fled home. Sadly, my planned 50 miler turned into a ten mile ride with about an hour of sitting in between five mile heats. Once home, I hung up my bike and pretty much forgot about bicycling and focused on the heat. 

Now I'm raring to go again, and looking forward to working my body a little tomorrow on the way in to work. 

In the meantime, please DONATE a couple of bucks to my cause. I'd love to be halfway to my goal by the time September rolls around, and if you enjoy my blog, at least throw in $5 or $10.  

I'm thinking that my next post will be an indepth article about my Univega, so look for that soon; it's an exceptionally rare bike, and really something special. 

Thanks again to everyone who has donated so far. 

Or donate, if you haven't. See what I'm doing below. This is from a couple of years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment