Friday, December 30, 2011

Evolution Resolutions Love

"All endeavors start out stupid; the trick is making them smart" - The Plano Cyclist.



The only thing that has been consistent about this blog for the past few years have been the "resolutions" posts that I put up at New Years, so even though this is Friday and I should be linkdumping, I'm going to be resolving instead. So here we go:

1. I want to continue to grow my readership. As you can see, I have put up a ton of posts this year, adding product reviews, a regular feature (Linkdump) and a little more structure to the blog. I have nearly reached 10,000 views, and I hope to be at 30,000 by the end of 2012. I don't know if I can continue posting daily, but there will be plenty of my words for you to "enjoy" this year.

2. Increase my mileage. This last year I rode close to 3000 tracked miles. I say tracked, because as usual I wasn't the best record keeper. I only kept track of longer rides, but I didn't track things like grocery store rides, park rides with my daughter, or cruise around type rides. I hope to end 2012 closer to five or six thousand tracked miles. That means more commuting as well, obviously.

3. Lose some weight again. When I really started riding, I went from 230 lbs to 188 over the course of 2010. During 2011, even though I rode close to 3000 miles, I ate like I was riding 10,000. As a result, my weight is back up to 200, which isn't bad, really, but is not pleasing to me. 1upUSA has sent me a trainer to review, I have the Livestrong app on my iPhone to count calories, and I am ready to get down to 175. Steel yourself to read a little bit about my weight loss oddessey this year.

4. Finish building the tandem up. I have been storing a disassembled bicycle for a very long time, and it's time to stop. I have all of the pieces, and I just need to break out the elbow grease and get at it. I'm guessing you will read all about it on the Internet. Probably articles written by some blogger.

5. Do at least one century ride. I have done some long rides this year, but I haven't managed a hundred mile day yet. This is the year that I need to do that, so I will. Truth be told I'd rather do a couple, but I am going to resolve to do at least one in 2012.

6. Do a few more Planocentric articles. Since my name change, I have done exactly one article specifically about Plano stuff. I need to address that, and I do have some plans to do so. I did make a hundred posts altogether this year, but the ratio of 1:100 means that I have another name that doesn't make any sense. I will remedy this for sure.

We will revisit these this time in 2012, and see if I managed to do what I set out to do. My record isn't great on these, but I think that just making the resolutions is a big part of the magic of New Year's Resolutions. Keeping them, well that's a whole other thing entirely. I do see some that I will have to do if I'm going to maintain some other goals that I have this year, so I think that my "How did I Do" list might be a little more interesting in 2012.


Rocky's, San Diego
Like last year, I will close with a photo of myself that I like from this year. Happy New Year, and I will see you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment