Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together.

I am a Brooks saddle guy  - I know that paints a picture in your head of a fussy old dude with a beard, but I don't always have a beard...

I'm also a guy that reads lots of blogs - the other day, on Rat Trap Press there was a post about work space cleanup. While that doesn't sound particularly exciting, there was a picture in the post that made my heart race. For the past few weeks, I have been cruising eBay and various bicycle parts websites halfheartedly searching for a red saddle for my Ross mountain bike. I say halfheartedly, because I am a Brooks guy - and I know this bike needs a red saddle. Brooks does make a red saddle, but it's obviously a pricey commitment to make to a bike I'm unsure of keeping. On the other hand, I also didn't want to just buy some cheap red saddle just for decorative purposes - the $25 I'd spend on the cheap saddle would probably be better spent on a red Brooks. It's a vicious cycle I'm caught in, but one that makes sense to my crazybrain.

Then I spotted this picture.
This is the part where angels sing. 

I quickly put a comment up asking to get the saddle - I fully intended to buy it, but Myles graciously offered to send it free of charge. (He is also a Brooks man, and can see no reason to have any other type of saddle.) I'm very excited to receive it, and can check one thing off of the list of parts I will need to purchase for the Ross rebuild. We DFW bloggers stick together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment