Friday, December 11, 2009

I will make a resolution to decide to think about riding a bicycle again. Maybe.

It's the coldest day of the year, and I have been very lax, driving to work every day. I am currently in the midst of a couple of winter bicycle related projects; I'm rebuilding my fixed gear Falcon classic frame into a full modern sti geared road bicycle, and my Suteki is getting all of the fixed gear gear bolted onto it. I am adding a freeweheel as well, so I can also throw some pedals on and cruise around the neighborhood, should I feel the least bit athletic. My Mom loaned me her indoor trainer, and I have used it a couple of times, but I'll tell you that 4:15 in a very cold garage is no place and no way to ride a bicycle. I'm doing wuss intervals, just trying to build back some fitness. It's supposed to be nice next week, so I will get in the garage at least 3 mornings.

My bicycle projects and indoor training are really the only bike related things going on now. I do have a new tiny bike, and I will leave you with that and a couple of other photos until I come back again. I haven't forgotten this blog, I've just been trying to figure out what to do with it. At the very least, check in every once in a while.

Here is a photo of the Falcon ans I brought it home. The bike is getting a complete repaint and new decals. It's a very nice frame, built in the late 60's in England.
Photobucket
I've currently got everything but the crankset and bottom bracket removed, in anticipation of getting the frame set to accomodate a modern drivetrain, and getting the paint put on.

Here is a nice photo from an afternoon hooky ride in the fall.
Photobucket
The wheels and drivetrain are coming off of this bike and going on the above frame.

I don't have much more to share with you - my mileage is pitifully low, as is my fitness level.

Until next time.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment