Monday, February 22, 2010

It's cold here in Texas.

It's cold (again) here in Dallas, and they tell us we are going to have snow again tomorrow. If we get 2 inches of snow, we will have had the snowiest winter EVER here in North Texas, which is kind of interesting, I guess. I didn't ride the train last week, though I did get a couple of bicycle rides in around the neighborhood. IF it snows tomorrow, and IF I am not a big weenie, I will ride the trian in tomorrow. I do have another post to make about a train trip my daughter and I went on this Saturday. As I've said here before, she is loves trains, so when we had a Daddy/Daughter Saturday to spend together we ended up taking the DART train down to Lovers Lane and having a Krispy Kreme together. I've got photos, but I need to get them off of my camera in order to post the blog here.

I have been hitting the trainer in the garage - that's going well, as is my weight loss regimen. I've been counting my calories with an app on my iPhone, and have lost about 10 pounds over the last couple of weeks. I'm still a damn sight too heavy, but I will be thin by the end of the summer. My goal is about 185 (which is a net loss of 33 pounds, and I think that if I'm careful about what I eat, and if I ride like I did last year, that I should be able to reach that goal. Luckily for me my neighbor has taken up road biking - though I am a little concerned that he is always telling me he averages 25mph. I'll be totally honest with you here and tell you that I generally average about 10mph slower than that, so I don't know how well we will be able to ride together. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to getting things fired up again as the weather warms.

I do have my roll of dollar coins, so I am ready to get on the train as soon as I decide the weather is acceptable to my delicate constitution. I dont' know if you all look forward to these posts, but there will be more of them coming your way very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment