Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Show.


As a blogger, one rarely has the chance to play in "the show". In fact, one might not even understand that there is a "show" when it comes to bloggers. I hear you out there saying, "It could get more bigtime than a free Blogger account?" In the blog world, the show means paid magazine writing, and I am very pleased to announce that I will shortly have an article published on another local blog, albeit one with a few more readers than this one.

Then maybe eventually I can make it to the show.

In the meantime, I am not writing a lot for this blog for two reasons; it's cold (bitterly so) so I am not riding, and I am busy writing posts for other people's blogs. I'm not neglecting you guys here though, and I will certinly link to what I am writing elsewhere, or republish it here. (I make sure that I control blogging rights; it is in any contract I sign.)

Two of the articles I will be writing will be book reviews. My wife got me the Bikesnob book and a book about Major Taylor and I plan to review both, probably for Biking in Dallas. I haven't written a book review since I was in college, and even then I'm not sure if I was any good at it. I know I never graduated, so take from that what you will.

There will be another, probably collaborative article about converting a 1990's era steel mountain bike into an around town type bike, so if that's something you are interested in, keep an eye out for that article. I may just be the mechanic and featured hands in the article, but nonethelss it is EXPOSURE, and that exposure could bring me one step closer to my own reality show.

Finally, I will be attending the NAHBS this year, so I'm sure that will be worth a few posts in Feb. I'm hoping to spend the day looking at really cool handmade bicycles, see some blogtacular celebrities, and then spend the night riding bicycles around Austin with some friends. I'm very interested in meeting some of the builders at the show, because I'd like to build my own frame someday. It should be a great weekend in Austin, and the blogging outlook is favorable all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment